Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowboarding and Day 19

Ouch.
Every single part of my body hurts, especially my butt. I love snowboarding! It was amazing to realize that even in the shape I am in (hey, round is a shape), I can still do things that are hard and take some athletic ability. JJ was my teacher and she was super patient! She celebrated as loudly as I did when I made my heel turn and then my toe turn! It felt so good to keep trying something until I succeeded! I cannot wait to go again!

Next time: I will drink WAY more water on the way up than I did this morning. I was a little dehydrated by then end of the day.

I will wear my padded bike shorts. Wow, I wish I had them on today.

I will eat a big, protein and carb laden breakfast and not worry about the calories. I was so hungry when we came in for lunch that I was shaking. But the two hours of solid snowboarding I did today was worth 26 activity points. Even cutting that in half, to compensate for my "butt time," it will still be worth it to eat a big, yummy breakfast. I think eggs and bacon and cinnamon toast. With a big glass of OJ for the sugar. I needed it today, boy howdy!

Can't wait to get up on the hill again!

No comments:

Post a Comment