Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 32 - I am addicted to SUGAR

I have always prided myself on not really having an addictive personality. I don't do drugs, I don't really drink, I have never smoked. I don't really collect stuff, except maybe books, I just don't feel like I need anything. I am wrong. I am absolutely addicted to sugar. When I don't eat sugar, after awhile I don't crave it anymore. Last Thursday, I ate a piece of candy from stash that I keep for the kids and it started a downpour of sugar cravings that I could barely control. I bought some gummy candy at Target and kept it in my car. I was craving the sugar so much, that I actually got out of bed at 10:30 on Sunday night and walked outside in my jammies to get the candy out of my car. I then proceeded to eat the entire bag.

You would think that it would be at that moment that I realized I had a problem. Nope. It wasn't until yesterday when I downed a bag of skittles in about 2 minutes that it occurred to me that I might have an issue with sugar. So, today, I did not eat any of the candy in my room. I did not stop and buy candy on my way home. I did have one chocolate cookie at lunch. But for the most part, I avoided candy today.

I wonder how long I can go until I break down again? With most things, I feel like moderation is the best policy. But with candy, its like crack.

Not even once. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment