Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 23 - Back on Track

Today my biggest hurdle was being so tired after a few days off. I used my class time today to let the students catch up on their book club reading while I met with individuals for writing conferences. They never get a chance to read independently so they Loved IT! Thank goodness I work at a school where the kids love to read. It's a great way to get caught up on conferences.

It is 1:45 and I am hungry. I think I need to eat a few more carbs at lunch to balance out my fat and protein. I have my trusty bag of raw almonds though, so that should hold me until I can get home and make dinner. I have a meeting after school and just a little bit of grading, but I do need to stop at the grocery store.

The good news is that my coccyx is not as sore as it was yesterday, so I probably did not break it! AWESOME!! I can't wait to go snowboarding again. I know I will rock it next time.

I watched the Super Bowl with my brother and sister-in-law yesterday and they are eating healthy and trying to change habits as well, so we had baked wings with no butter in the sauce...they were fantastic. Still high in points but about 1/2 as many as I would have consumed if they were the real thing.

We had a slaw salad with lime juice as the dressing and sauteed shrimp. The Shrimp were cooked in just a tiny bit of oil. I went over on points, but only by 10. Which is WAY better than last year!!! I didn't even feel deprived.

I have spoken to so many of friends who tell me they are reading my blog! I appreciate it so much!! It keeps me motivated more than you will ever know!

My goal for this week is to drink 64 ounces of water a day. I need to stay hydrated! Of course that means I need to pee between every class period! haha

Love you guys so much!

“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked” -Bernard Meltzer

No comments:

Post a Comment