Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 38 - I am a slacker!

Wow, 6 days without blogging...I should not let myself slack like that.

So today was weigh-in day and I lost .6lbs last week, bringing me to 184. Over the last two years this has been my plateau weight. I get here and then I stop working. I am not sure why this is where I stumble. It has been a very hard 8.6lbs to lose, and I have been struggling the last 3 weeks or so with staying within my points on a day to day basis. I am fine in the morning and at lunch and then when dinner rolls around, I am either starving and stuff my face or I opt for an easy fix. Although, if I am going to focus on the positive, I have not had fast food in weeks and weeks. I did eat an egg mcmuffin on Sunday, but that doesn't count. It has the same calories as what I would normally eat for breakfast and so I am justifying that splurge.

Lots of news from the weekend. Max and Jen are engaged! Yay! I am in the wedding so now I have a concrete goal to help me get to my goal weight. There are no solid plans yet, but if there is a strapless dress in my future, I want to be ready for it!

This may be an incentive to start my excercise at day 60 instead of day 90. I am feeling like I might be ready to add that challenge to my day to day routine.

I was thinking that I would start with walking. Then move to run walking and then if my knees can handle it, alternating a long walk with a short run (walking 2-3 days a week and running 2-3 days a week.) Some of my friends have started running and they look amazing! I know I will never be a nut about it, but even if I run 2 miles on my run days - that's at least 25 minutes of running for me (probably more like 30 to start).

I just want to do something that will be easy, free and something I will keep doing.

I am going to cleanse at the beginning of March just to get all the sugar out of my body. I did very well the last week and I think that is what led to the weight loss, even though Rich and I went to Bucca de Beppo on Saturday Night. (Not a place for dieters - yikes!)

Another challenge I am facing this week is being at the end of the pay period. Getting paid once a month is not the best. So groceries need to be cheap and healthy this week.

I have pasta and sauce, eggs, frozen veggies, cereal and oatmeal. I have peanut butter and bread, so I will supplement with some fresh veggies from the farmer's market and write a check on Thursday. Ahh....the life of a teacher.

It's worth it. Oh and CSAP is coming up and for three weeks for two and a half hours a day I have to be up walking around my room, monitoring...I am going to get a pedometer to see how many steps I take over and above what I normally walk in a day.! Neat! I can't wait to see the results.

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~Doug Larson

1 comment:

  1. great blog, Julie! I recently started running again and keep having to remind myself that something is better than nothing. I always do better when I have a goal, too.

    ReplyDelete