Monday, January 31, 2011

Journaling and Forming Life-Long Habits

Fruit being 0 points has been the real turn around for me with the new points plus program. I love that I satisfy my sweet tooth and have a yummy, healthy snack at the same time. (I am munching on grapes as I write this.)

I have set a 90 day journal goal that seems much easier to attain now that I am blogging as well. I love the blogging part and since I am already on to blog, I might as well journal what I have eaten while I am here!

Writing in my journal has been the key to my success the last two weeks. I signed up for the online WW almost 3 months ago and would journal maybe once a week. Not surprising - I didn't lose an ounce. The minute I started consistently journaling - I started to lose weight.

They say it takes at least 3 months for a habit to form. I am planning on doing this for the rest of my life, so I am not setting any other goals except to journal and stay within my points for the week. If I lose a bunch of weight in the process that is great, but it is not my focus.

After the 90 days of journal writing, I will add in the exercise. I want to have a solid hold on my eating habits and journaling before I add another log to the fire.

Have a great day everyone! What's for dinner tonight? Hmmmm something with avocado, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment