Monday, March 18, 2013

Strength

I think its really important to build strong muscles along with losing weight and doing cardio.  There is a lot of research out there that suggests that having a muscular body helps you burn fat and calories more efficiently. So on Saturday, I started back working with my trainer.  I am so sore, but a  good sore - one that makes me feel like I did something good for my body.

I have lost a total of almost 12 lbs.  It is starting to show, which is awesome - I am finally hearing people say "have you lost weight?"

It made it that much easier to make my own yummy popcorn for the movie on Saturday (air popped in the microwave, a little olive oil instead of butter and parmesean cheese) and I brought my blackberries to eat instead of buying and eating candy.  Absolutely satisfying.

I did have two glasses of wine on Saturday night, but I recorded it and well - fun while I was drinking it, but a huge headache when I woke up in the morning.  So, I really don't know if right now I will drink that much...the last two times I have its been brutal the next day.  But I don't want to stop completely, I will just have balance it out with at least double the water I normally drink.

I have signed up for the color run with a bunch of my friends and although its the day after the Cherry Creek Sneak, I am not worried about it. I have been running much longer distances since the last 5K and should be fine.

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment