Monday, March 11, 2013

Incredible Change Happens


Mondays.  Weigh in day.  I didn't lose this week.  But what did I gain?  I learned I need to drink a TON of water.  I learned I can run 4 miles without stopping.  I learned that I can still do an hour of yoga - even if I was in child's pose for a good bit of the hour.  I leaned that true friendship doesn't die, it may go on hiatus, but is always there when you need it. I learned I will have just as much fun hanging out with people if I drink club soda and lime instead of alcohol.

What do I have control over?  Who I choose to spend time with.  I can be honest and say "No, thank you."  I have control over when I will eat, as long as I plan ahead and have good snacks in my bag and at my desk.  I have control over what time I go to bed. I have control over what I choose to put in my body.

Overall, I'd say I "gained" a lot this week.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."

No comments:

Post a Comment