Friday, March 22, 2013

It's been a tough week.

I am not sure why I have had a hard time this week.  My family and friends have been so very supportive and encouraging, but I have still struggled. On Monday, I went to dinner at my brother's house and he made super healthy food and he and his wife put out very healthy snacks - I am so grateful to have them both in my life.  They are both chefs and they make the best tasting, healthy food!  We had a lovely roasted chicken and I have never been able to cook one so the breast remains juicy.  I need a lesson or two! Then we had a raw kale salad with apple, avocado, almonds, lemon zest, olive oil and some kind of vinegar.  I think I ate about 4 cups at least of that salad and even had some the next day.

My biggest struggle this week has been with working out.  I ran for about an hour on Tuesday, but that is it.  I knew Monday and Wednesday would be off days for me, but I was not planning on yesterday being off. I woke up with a wicked sore throat this morning, so maybe feeling tired yesterday was because I am getting sick.

I am still going to work out today, but I am just going for a walk, or I might do an hill workout on the treadmill if its snowing when I get home.  I am planning on staying in this weekend for the most part to rest and get my grading done the first weekend of Spring Break - so I should feel better soon.

It's interesting that there is no real reason why I feel unmotivated this week.  I am sure there is something going on the at the hormonal level, I just wish I could pinpoint it so I could counteract it.  I know that because I have gone out a couple nights this week and had a few drinks that I have not slept as well as I have been, so I am sure that is a factor as well.

So, it is at this point in my journey that I usually quit.  I stop running, working out, eating right, go home and eat nachos for dinner, because I feel like I've already lost my hold on everything.  I am not doing that this time.  I have done a TON of good things this week and I am going to focus on that.

1. I ran for an hour on Tuesday
2. I ate healthy every day and still have extra WW points left over for the week.
3. I finished report cards early
4. I made time for 3 different groups of good friends this week and had a great time with each group
5. I started to organize and clean out my closet, and organize all my shoes, purses and winter accessories
6. I had the students fill out their "One Nice Thing" sheets and sent them home with report cards
7. I talked to or chatted with several long distance friends
8. I cooked lunch for the whole week in the crock pot last Sunday and ate what I made all week
9. I cooked my own dinner last night instead of gorging on the taco queso my roommate made for dinner for himself the night before.  (THAT WAS SO HARD!!!!)
10. I emailed a travel agent and started making plans for my Europe trip

So, I will focus on the positive, I will not dwell on my lack of work outs and I will get my ass up off the couch and get outside for the whole week of spring break.





No comments:

Post a Comment