Saturday, February 6, 2010

Trivial Pursuit

I am terrible at Trivial Pursuit. Those of you who know me might pause and think "wait a minute, she is awesome at Trivial Pursuit." I know what you are thinking...I do...but what I am terrible at is losing. In fact, when I play with someone who is better than me I turn into a sulky, ridiculous idiot. Case in point: This morning, I was playing with my man, who is definitely as good, if not a better, player than I am. He started beating me within a few rolls of the dice, up three pies to one. I lost it...I started yelling at him and telling him that he was getting easy questions, telling him it was no fun to watch someone else answer questions. He has put up with it in the past...but today was the final straw...he called me out on being a baby...which I was...

The game was no fun...but we kept playing and it came down to the final question...and here is the kicker...I always bust him for not going to a very diverse college...I specifically bust him about not learning about Langston Hughes. I got a question on Langston Hughes...and I got it wrong...

I am pretty sure the universe was trying to tell me what a jackass I am...oh great universe thank you for humbling me in front of my peers...I will promise to not act like an idiot over Trivial Pursuit again, no matter who gets lucky rolls and super easy questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment