Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My First Post

Today was a bad day. I basically walked out of my room. I was only gone for a few minutes and I went right to the office in order to get an adult to go into my room so the kiddos would be supervised, but I left. I just could not take the disrespect for one more second...and I cried in front of them. I shocked them as much as I shocked myself. I have been going back and forth trying to decide if I did the right thing. I think I did do the right thing. They were so surprised that it shocked them into actually listening for a minute. I am nervous and excited for tomorrow to see what their reaction will be after having thought about it for a night. I wonder what they will say? The lesson that I take away from today is that no matter what I may go through on a day to day basis, I still love my job and I still love my students. I still want to see them tomorrow and I want to talk to them about literature and about social studies. I guess that is all I can hope for in a job....

No comments:

Post a Comment