Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hey you on the treadmill next to me....yeah you.

I was hanging out on Pinterest the other day and I found a blog of a girl who wrote a letter to the very competitive person on the treadmill next to her.  It was very well written and her feelings about the whole reason behind working out in the first place were very well articulated.

Here is the link to her letter:

Fat Girl Running

I was going to write my own letter, but she does it so artfully, I will let you read hers...and know that this is how I feel as well.

You know sometimes your are listening to a song or reading some poetry and you think to yourself that the person who wrote it must have been inside your head.  That's how I feel about this blog post.

And this is my favorite part:

"I’m competing against myself. I’m beating my own records, I’m out-timing myself. I’m not tempted to creep my pace up to meet your neck breaking pace (which you can’t seem to maintain for more than a few seconds, but that’s neither here nor there.)"

Because that is what I am doing every, single day I head to the park or to the gym.  Beating my time or distance from yesterday. Even if its by seconds or inches.  Because in a year I will beat that time and distance by minutes and miles.

Julie....soon to be a FORMER fat girl running.

No comments:

Post a Comment