Thursday, February 13, 2014

Paleo

I have started eating a strictly paleo diet.  This means that I eat meat, chicken, fish, pork, any non-carb vegetable, seeds, nuts, berries and other fruits.  No dairy, no grains.

So far - I have lost 4 pounds and have a good amount of energy. I put coconut milk in my coffee and I actually like it better than cream.

I haven't eaten anything with added sugar in 5 days and I am no longer craving Dunkin' Donuts (Thanks for coming to Colorado, Dunkin').  I have only worked out twice - and it was walking 2 miles both times. I am trying to lose 20 lbs before I start running again to hopefully avoid getting injured and put too much pressure on my knees.

I tried to go skiing the other day.  It wasn't pretty.  I took one run down the mountain and didn't have my inhaler.  I had a mild asthma attack - which I recovered from quickly.  The worst part was the pain in my knees.  I only hope that when I lose the weight I need to, I can ski with knee braces.  This used to be my favorite thing to do to get exercise in the winter, and now I dread it...I want to love it again.

I know that I am getting older and will not be able to do all the things I want to do, but I think I should be able to run and ski as a 36 year old woman.

There is no number on the scale that is my goal this time...my goal is to run and ski relatively pain free.

Also, I think I will sign up for a sprint triathlon.

:)

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment